Sunday, October 12, 2014

Grace to Let Go

As far back as I can remember, I was a people pleaser. I strived to do things that would make people "like" me so that I could feel as if I had some sort of value. Without the approval of others, I felt worthless.

Today, I praise the Lord every day for opening my heart to the truth of His love: That a Holy God sent His Son to live amongst sinners in a fallen world full of sin and death, and that Jesus Christ was willingly mocked, beaten, hung upon a cross to die, and covered in my sin so that I might have eternal life. This knowledge gives me a true sense of value -- one that cannot be taken away by the ways of this world.

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

-Trish Gerstel

No comments:

Post a Comment