Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sustaining Grace

I’ve been a little overwhelmed lately: I’ve been at the doctor’s and the hospital with my children more times in the last several months than I have in my entire almost 17 years as a parent of three. It has forced me to put less emphasis on my schoolwork, which means I’m often unmotivated to do assignments, and am scrambling to do them last minute.

Through all this God has showed me grace so many times.

There are some days at school when it just seems like too much, and God puts in my path a friendly face. There have been times when I'm feeling unequipped and unhelpful and worthless, and I get a message from a student, an opportunity to share my faith, or a hug from one of my previous or current Youth Fellowship kids, reminding me that I am still being used for God’s work. Occasionally my future career seems like a ridiculous idea, and then I get to observe an awesome teacher who encourages me - or walk through the halls of the school and students still remember and are glad to see me. All of these little things, and so many more, are ways God has shown His grace to me through this crazy busy time.

Chantel Bink

No comments:

Post a Comment