Friday, December 5, 2014

Over the past couple of months my husband has had health issues, on top of trying to help his sister, who has advanced MS. We have argued, cried together, and have prayed together. I have asked God for strength for my husband as well as for myself, and was feeling strong -- then a relative that I love crushed me with actions that led to bad feelings, and over the past two weeks little things that happen make me cry; this is unusual for me.
 
Last night I took a spiritual gifts test in prep for an activity we will be doing  next Tuesday at Unchained. The three gifts that had the top score were encouragement, faith, and shepherd. I spent some time in Scripture that went with those three, and realized why God has let these recent things happen: It is because I needed to feel it, to overcome it with His power and strength, and to advance in my maturity in Christ.
 
As I advance through my day today, I am not going to say "why me?". I am going to advance, knowing that by the grace God has given to me, and that no matter what happens, it's ok and it is in His will!
 
"When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts." Acts 11:23
 
Stacey Sicko

No comments:

Post a Comment